Signed in as:
Signed in as:
This Policy describes the types of data we may collect from you or that you may provide and describes our policies and practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing that data.
This Policy may change from time to time, so check the Policy periodically for the most current version. If you have any questions about the meaning or interpretation of this Policy, the English-language version of this Policy is the official text.
Data We Collect About You
We collect several types of personal data that can be used to identify you ("Personal Data"), including your:
· Postal address
· Email address
· Telephone number
· Donation history
· Payment cardholder data
· Sensitive authentication data
· Internet connection
· Equipment used to access our Website and usage details
Depending on the type of interaction that you have with DEC, we may also collect your:
· Birth year
· Marital status
· Spouse's or parents' name
· Wealth data
Under limited circumstances, we may collect highly sensitive personal data, such as government ID numbers and/or health information.
How We Collect Your Data
We collect Personal Data from:
· Users of our Website
· Club Members of DEC
· Donors to The DEC Foundation
· People who attend DEC events
· People who participate in DEC's programs
We collect this data:
· Directly when you provide it to us through any interaction offline or in person
· From our website www.destinyempowermentcenter.org (our "Website")
· From other DEC websites that link to this Policy
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy
· Automatically, as you navigate through the Website (data collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies)
· When you become a member of any of our programs at Destiny Empowerment Center
· When you use our services
· When you participate in our programs or sign up for and/or attend any events that we host
· From third parties we contract with to provide services on our behalf, such as event organizers, travel service providers (used by the Destiny Empowerment Center), payment processing services, email marketing services, and software providers; these service providers may change, or new service providers may be added without notice to you
· When you interact with us in another way, for example, contacting us with an inquiry
· From publicly available resources
Data You Provide to Us
We collect data you provide when you interact with DEC, either through our Website or any interaction offline or in person. That data includes:
· Personal data that you provide by making an inquiry or joining as a Club Member of a DEC; this includes data provided when registering to www.destinyempowermentcenter.org
· Personal data you provide when participating in services available on our Website, including in DEC Programs:
· Personal data you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us
· Personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Website
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email, social media posts, and other electronic messages), if you contact us
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
· Your registration to attend and/or participate in DEC events
· Personal data you provide when making a donation
· Personal data you provide when submitting applications, for example, for grants, fellowships, or scholarships
· Biographical or other data you provide to us,
· Details of transactions made through our Website and details of the fulfillment of your orders (you may be required to provide financial personal data before placing an order through our Website for our programs)
· Your search queries on our Website
Features that are developed in the future may result in the collection of additional new personal data.
You also may provide data to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. We limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for this data from your account profile. However, we cannot control the actions of other Website users with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies, and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
When you are not signed in to a My DEC account, the data collected in this way is anonymous. It is aggregated into statistical data to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size, browser statistics, popularity of content, and usage patterns
· Speed up your searches
· Recognize you when you return to our Website
When you are signed in to a My DEC account, we collect usage data that is tied to your individual account. This data is collected to improve site functionality and to tailor site behavior and content to you, and we process this personal data in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use data that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
· To present our Website and its contents to you
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
· To offer and fulfill our core business purposes, which include:
· Fulfilling DEC's obligation to its Program/Club Members, and other individuals
· Financial processing
· Supporting fundraising efforts
· Facilitating convention and special event planning
· Communicating key organizational messages through DEC publications and other materials
· Supporting the programs and Club Membership of DEC
· Complying with any legal obligations
· Preserving DEC's legacy by building and maintaining accurate archives that effectively document DEC's history
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
· To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
· To help us develop and test updates to this Website and other DEC applications that support DEC's core business purposes
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the personal data
· For any other purpose where we have your consent
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated data about our users, and data that cannot be used to identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
· To the DEC programs which you are a member (if applicable), as well as the assigned DEC
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including:
· Travel service providers, such as airlines, hotels, ground transport, and travel agencies
· Companies that produce, publish, and/or ship DEC publications and DEC branded goods and other merchandise
· Online shop vendor
· Payment processing vendors
· Financial institutions and fiscal agents when processing financial transactions, such as expense reimbursements
· Software and applications used for administrative functions such as providing online forms/surveys/applications, newsletter services, online learning, webinar/teleconference services
· Cloud-based databases used for administrative functions
· DEC convention host committees and other event organizers and vendors
· Email distribution services
· To third parties to promote DEC or for the third party to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· If you do not want us to share your personal data (even when anonymized) with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising or promotional purposes, you can send an email stating your request to email@example.com.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the data
· With your consent
We may also disclose your personal data:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DEC, DEC clubs, DEC districts, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
DEC Donation or Donor Privacy Personal Data
DEC will not sell, trade, or share a DEC Donor's personal data, including their name, phone number, email, or physical address, with non-DEC entities, nor will it send donors mailings on behalf of other unrelated organizations. This policy applies to all donor data received by DEC, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communication. DEC occasionally uses third-party vendors to manage and process donor data. These vendors are bound by strict confidentiality agreements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may access and correct your data by:
· Visiting your account profile page on My DEC, if you are a registered user on this Website.
· Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal data that you have provided.
We may choose not to accommodate a request to change or delete data if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the data to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16 without parental consent. No one under age 18 may provide any personal data to or on our Website.
If you are under 18, do not:
· Use or provide any personal data on our Website or on or through any of its features
· Register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website
· Use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website, or
· Provide any personal data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that personal data. If you believe we might have any personal data from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Additionally:
· When developing new or enhancing existing systems and processes, DEC implements appropriate data protection throughout its data processing operations.
· All personal data you provide to us is stored on password-protected databases on our secure servers behind firewalls and we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that the transmission of sensitive data for payments and contributions is encrypted and appropriately safeguarded.
· Employees are trained on the importance of data security and focus specifically on practices for protecting against unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
· We have a documented incident response plan for promptly acting upon events that violate DEC's security or privacy policies, should they occur, and this plan is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.
The safety and security of your personal data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords registered with our Website are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website or over any public network. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Without prejudice to any mandatory legal obligations to which we may be subject, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on our Website.
DEC may change, add, modify or remove portions of this Policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the policy. It is your responsibility to review this Policy for any changes. By continuing to use our Website, maintain your membership in our clubs, use our services, or participate in our programs, you agree to any changes in the Policy.
DEC is headquartered in Massachusetts, in the United States. If you have any questions about DEC's privacy protection policies or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: April 19, 2021
Our Charity is a registered 501 (c)3 Non-Profit.
Copyright © 2022 DESTINY EMPOWERMENT CENTER INC - All Rights Reserved. email@example.com Phone: (617) 984-5380
Powered by GoDaddy
Help Destiny Empowerment Center to expand oral health access, eradicate hunger, address mental health issues and invest in our youth and women leadership programs.
Your Donations are 100% Tax Deductible